August favorites🌿late summer fruit, thrifted plates, new sturdy keychain, salt soap, a new bread knife, and a beeswax Venus candle from my new favorite shop, “palace” (in Portland).
I don’t know what this is but it looks so refreshing and delicious.
I woke up with my hair in it’s true soft, curly and puffy glory.
My pretty pillow, my walls and the banana paleta that I had for breakfast all matched!
i’m really just a grumpy little abuelita fighting white supremacy and patriarchy underneath it all.
while mending quilts and eating peaches.
Chaos in Ferguson. Sunday night, part 4
- no, this isn’t over;
- no, these aren’t from earlier in the week;
- no, everything isn’t alright now;
- no, the police haven’t stopped brutalizing peaceful protesters;
- no, police haven’t intervened to stop the looting;
- no, police haven’t responded to emergency 911 calls for people injured by rubber bullets or children hit by cars;
- no, michael brown’s shooter still has not faced any consequences for murdering an unarmed teenager 9 days ago
Yesterday I got a call from my sister Cheeraz Gormon in St. Louis who was standing with poet Elizabeth Vega. They wanted me to know that a few women had created, on lawns, in the streets, healing stations, a place where the youth could come and scream and cry and be held and heard in love. Mighty work. — Dream Hampton
this made me cry.
The police in Ferguson are spraying tear gas and arresting peaceful protesters and reporters (2 reporters so far). Christina Coleman is an NBC Channel 5 news anchor from St. Louis…Son.
I am praying for the safety of the civilians of Ferguson right now, especially Black civilians. They are up against true evil.
who do you serve? who do you protect?
may he rest in peace.
Lately: heat wave, super moons, giving Graham tarot readings, cold Arnold Palmers while staring at sparkly crystals, braiding my hair, painting while my cat stares at me.
The raddest truck parks on my block all the time!
watching this gif is making me feel better.
DEAD. BYE. GONE. SCATTER MY ASHES OVER THE PNW SEAS.